Search This Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012

New Year's Resolutions: March Check-In

March felt like it lasted forever, I'm not going to lie.  It just was not a good month.

Anyway, onto the resolutions!

1. Original Goal: Lose weight/tone up/ get stronger.

     Basically the only thing I did this month was work out and study.  Seriously.  That's it.  I tried hiking this BEAUTIFUL trail in Tennessee, near Lynchburg.  It has two beautiful swinging bridges, which are so much fun to run across!


2. Original Goal: Make all A's this semester.
     I felt SO accomplished- I made a B on my first English test, and with a lot of hard work and determination, made an A on the next one:D

     I also made As on both papers I turned in.  Lovely month for my studies:)  I'm incredibly excited to transfer and get started on all my major course work!

3. Original Goal: Get accepted to all my transfer schools.

     One of the schools I'm applying to has been absolutely hounding me with fun postcards and emails.  On one hand, it's really flattering and I'm loving the personal attention, but on the other...I already know I'm not going there and will probably not even apply in the first place.  So...kind of a waste of their resources, I suppose.

4. Original Goal: Assorted Blog Goals:

     Terrible month for blogging...only four posts in one month?  Sheesh!  I've been having trouble thinking of things that people would even want to read.  I look through my favorite blogs, and their lives just seem so interesting..and mine seems pretty dull in comparison.  I was thinking of diversifying a little, since I've been too busy to cook something spectacular and delicious every night.  Any suggestions on things you guys would like to read on my blog?  Let me know in the comments!

5. Original Goal: Stop Stressing the Small Things & go to Church more.

     Bad month for this too.  I feel like I stressed my way through this month, and didn't go to Church a single time.  C'est la vie, right?  At least April seems to be starting out pretty well- and as a bonus, it's my last full month at this school (hopefully!)!  

I seem to be failing in my goals more than I would like, but the thought of being accountable to a bunch of strangers all over the world on the internet seems to keep me going.  Are you keeping up with your resolutions?  Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

Ashley

27 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've been doing very well overall at keeping up with your goals! Great job, and keep trying your best! :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi beautiful! you have a nice blog, i follow you since now :)
    visit my blog and follow me too if you want
    xoxo

    www.inspiredintheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always do a resolution list but keep forgetting about it :/

    I'm wishing you very happy April! :)

    http://what-maria-loves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name of your blog! It's cool haha! come by and let's follow each other:D! What do you think? Stay in touch!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspiring...Followed your blog. Check out mine simetimes

    See you soon

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing that you are working out and studying right now! It's definitely hard to balance everything sometimes and I wish you a much better April :)

    xoxo,
    Paris

    glitteratiandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it is hard to find time for both sometimes, but they're both so important that I make it a priority:)

      Delete
  7. like your blog dearrrrrrr,
    keep posting and go for it!!! :):)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments, that's amazing how many languages you speak. English is my main one, haha, but I speak a little French and Spanish and even less Latin and little bits of other things. You seem like you are not doing too badly with your new year's resolutions, better than me anyway. I can't even really remember what mine were!
    X Jane
    http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm reasonably talented with languages, and I love them, so I try to self study whenever possible:)

      Delete
  9. awww i wish you achieve your goals <3 x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and you have a lovely blog. I'm your new follower. Thanks a ton for stopping by and commenting!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours
    http://fashionablyyours-juneli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, I'm sure you can reach your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Love your blog! Follow each other?
    Waiting for you! Kisses from spain
    www.atacadas.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you on Bloglovin too :D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is amazing what you do!


    xoxo!
    self-dressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job girl keeping your new years resolution! The hike looks fantastic :) I hope you can keep with you goal and tone up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! Keep up the amazing work!! I've been keeping my resolutions too, im so happy :) Beautiful photos as well :)

    Scarr xx
    http://scarlette910.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3